Office App Something Went Wrong Error – Microsoft Office is a very advanced and highly interactive software application that is known to provide all kind of features that a user needs. Along with that, it can be tricky to understand and work with. Due to this fact, many users have found the application to be difficult to use.
Also, when using the Microsoft Office, a user may Office app something went wrong error. In this article, you will find steps to troubleshoot this issues. Furthermore, you can contact the Microsoft Office Support or visit office.com/setup for the instant resolution of the issue.
Steps to Troubleshoot Office App Something Went Wrong Error
Step 1 – Restart the Computer
When you see Office app something went wrong error, this means your device is unable to launch the application on your computer. As you can see the exact reason for this error is not clear. So you try these troubleshooting steps to fix it.
You can start by restarting the device. This will release your processor and device memory from currently running programs.
- Terminate all the application running on your device.
- Navigate to restart button on your computer and click on it.
- Your device will go into boot mode and start back on.
- Once the device is on, you can try launching the office again.
- If the Office app something went wrong error is still there then you can go to the next step.
Step 2 – Repair from Control Panel
If you have a security application installed on your device then there is a chance that the antivirus application may have deleted some files associated with Microsoft Office. Or you have deleted some Microsoft Office files by mistake.
Such things can lead to issues with your application. Follow these steps to repair the Microsoft Office from the control panel:
- Turn on your Windows computer and terminate the application running on it.
- Click on the Windows button at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- On the search box, type “Control Panel” and hit the enter key.
- Open the control panel on your device by double-clicking on the option.
- When the control panel opens up, choose to the category view.
- Click on the Uninstall a Program button under the Program menu.
- A list of all the installed software will appear on your computer screen.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Office and right-click on it.
- From the given menu, choose to repair.
- Once you click on the repair button, the computer will give you with options to repair the application.
- Click on the desired repair method and complete the process.
- Restart your computer and check whether the Office App Something Went Wrong Error is fixed or not.
- If the error persists then contact the Microsoft Office Support or try the next method to resolve the issue.
Step 3 – Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft Office
When none of the above steps help you fix your issues with the Microsoft Office then you can try to remove the application entirely from your device and install it again.
For detailed steps, you can follow these steps and Office App Something Went Wrong Error:
- In order to remove the Microsoft Office, the Microsoft has provided the user with a tool. Uninstall and Reinstall Office tool.
- Open your web browser and download the Microsoft Office Uninstall and Reinstall Tool.
- Download this tool and run it on your device.
- If prompted for device permission to run the tool then choose yes.
- As the tool starts, it will ask you to remove the Office, click yes.
- The Microsoft Office Removal will take a while. Complete the process and restart the computer.
- Once the device starts back again, follow the steps to reinstall the Office.
Launch the Microsoft Office application and check whether all the features are working properly or not. In case, the Office App Something Went Wrong Error is still there then you can contact the Microsoft Office Support. Call at the toll-free number and get a technician to troubleshoot your issues. #office com setup